This course is aimed at all governors within a Primary setting, particularly those with responsibility for curriculum achievement and target setting.
Please note there are separate courses for Primary and Secondary school governors.
This course focuses on how governors can make use of key sources of statutory assessment data, particularly analyse school performance (ASP) data, to explore the achievement of pupils in the school and ask challenging questions
If governors require a bespoke in-house training course based on specific school data instead of the standard programme course which uses generic training data, a fee will be applied to cover the preparation by the specialist team.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any requirements (e.g. if there is a desire to focus more on a particular data-set such as Fischer Family Trust data, Assessment Manager 7 data etc.)
This session will provide governors with:
• an overview of the range of data available to schools including changes to the format of the data following the removal of levels
• examples of school/academy achievement data and how to interpret this
• guidance on formulating questions to support school/academy self-evaluation and holding the headteacher and the senior leadership team (SLT) to account Tutor Assessment Team
• feel confident in understanding the types of performance data available to schools, particularly ASP and schools' internal data
• have a further understanding of how to identify strengths and areas for development through the use of data evidence
• understand the links to school self-evaluation