Training for PSHCE coordinators
Apsley 2, Hemel Hempstead, Brindley Way
Classroom Teachers / Middle Leaders / Subject Leaders
Academies and Schools (including EYFS)
PSHE, Citizenship and Healthy Schools
This three-day course is designed for PSHCE education subject leaders or experienced teachers wishing to deepen their understanding of PSHCE.
There may be an option of accreditation of this course through the University of Hertfordshire.
This course will provide teachers with a useful insight into teaching and learning supporting the development of effective PSHCE education pedagogy and practice.
It will help schools to ensure that all aspects of their PSHCE curriculum meets the needs of their pupils.
During the day, delegates are provided with an invaluable opportunity to network with teachers from other schools.
The aims of this course are to:
- explore what constitutes high-quality teaching and learning in PSHCE education and the place of PSHCE education in the curriculum
- enable participants to plan effective lessons and to provide innovative ideas to engage pupils
- provide approaches that enable teachers to tackle sensitive and controversial issues successfully
- explore robust ways to teach sex and relationships education, eSafety, financial education, drug education and mindfulness amongst other topics successfully in the classroom
- explore the importance of assessment in PSHCE
Please note the date for Day 3 of this course has now been changed from 8 July to the 2 July.
Thursday 8 November 2018
Tuesday 2 July 2019
Wednesday 7 November 2018