This course is designed to support EYFS staff in providing exploration and learning opportunities around technology. We explore innovative approaches to engage children’s interest, not just using technology, but also developing a curiosity about how that technology works. The course aims to support EYFS teaching staff in providing an essential foundation for the 2014 computing curriculum.
The course will cover:
- exploring, using and developing understanding of classroom tools and toys;
- investigating simple onscreen activities related to EYFS children’s learning;
- exploring data-sensing tools and toys;
- capturing, creating and exploring digital images using different apps and devices;
- supporting early interest in programming through the use of unplugged programming approaches as well as exploring simple programmable toys;
- investigating simple digital mark-making and writing tools;
- encouraging children to develop curiosity about the technological world around them;
- resources to support the eSafety aspect for EYFS.