Effective mathematics leadership: planning the year ahead (Cancelled)
Laura Bishop / Rachael Brown
Deputy Headteachers / Headteachers / Middle Leaders / Subject Leaders
Academies and Schools (including EYFS)
Leadership and Management / Mathematics
Given the challenging curriculum expectations and aims, it is crucial that leaders have an accurate view of the learning strengths and areas for development in each cohort. This accurate view supports leaders to identify the actions that are needed to improve learning.
This course will support subject leaders in reflecting upon evidence and identifying next steps to plan for the year ahead. Through exemplification and discussion, delegates will explore strategies to develop teaching and learning throughout their school, evaluating a range of exciting and innovative CPD models for their staff.
Whether new to subject leadership or in post for a while, this course will support delegates in their roles as mathematics leaders.
By attending the course, participants will:
- be clear and confident about the areas of mathematics that need to be prioritised for improvement
- review and refine their maths action plan, as they move into the next phase of curriculum development
- identify next steps, based on evidence, and understand how to use whole-school teacher assessment to inform actions
- experience a range of professional development activities to strengthen teaching and learning
- have an opportunity to share and develop ideas with other leaders
In order for the day to be as effective as possible, please can you bring a range of documentation related to subject leadership in maths as detailed below:
1. Overview of any recent monitoring and notes of impact
2. End of Y2 SATs results and finalised Y2 teacher assessment
3. Y6 SATs predictions and finalised teacher assessment
4. Internal summative attainment and progress data for Y1,3,4,5. Ideally this should be your summer data however, if this is not available, please bring your spring data with an understanding of expected projections
5. School Development Plan (SDP) 19-2020 and next year’s SDP if possible
6. Current maths action plan, if different from the SDP
In addition to the documents listed above, please ensure you have a view of the whole school priorities and actions for this past year, as we will be evaluating impact to effectively plan for September.
Wednesday 8 July 2020
Wednesday 8 July 2020
Tuesday 7 July 2020
Maximum places per establishment