Writing in the Early Years - to expected and beyond…!
Hertfordshire Development Centre, Stevenage, Robertson House, Six Hills Way
Classroom Teachers / Early Years Practitioners / Newly Qualified Teachers
Academies and Schools (including EYFS)
Early Years Foundation Stage / English
Inspiring children in the EYFS to achieve and exceed age-related expectations in writing. What does expected and exceeding writing look like in the Early Years?
This training programme, that consists of two half-days and a twilight session, will offer inspirational ideas about how to enable children to reach expected levels in writing, or even exceed them, in the EYFS.
By attending this training programme, participants will:
- investigate the potential barriers to writing for young children
- explore a range of practical ideas to inspire young children to write
- gain a clearer understanding of the skills young children need to be effective, independent writers
- track the progress of focus children across the final two terms
- develop an understanding of the elements needed to make judgements about both expected and exceeding writing evidence in the Early Years
Prepare to have an initial group of 6 focus children to track over the course of their Reception year.
Delegates to bring assessment information for the whole cohort, as well as specifically for their focus group (including learning journals with mark-making/writing evidence and baselines).
Tuesday 14 January 2020
Thursday 14 May 2020
Monday 13 January 2020
Maximum places per establishment