Financial procedures for school staff
Hertfordshire Development Centre, Stevenage, Robertson House, Six Hills Way
Cheryl Faint / Donia Knott
Bursars/Finance Staff / Business Managers / Office Managers
Academies and Schools (including EYFS)
Business Management Services / Financial Services
Aimed at support staff that are new to schools, new to Hertfordshire or new to finance, this two-day course will provide delegates with the key information that they need to effectively oversee the finances in their school.
Day one will focus on the key processes that will ensure the smooth running of the finance office, ensure compliance with financial regulations and provide oversight of the school finances.
Day two will focus on strategic oversight of the finances and will cover areas including monthly management accounts, the importance of medium term planning and how to prepare for setting the annual budget.
• what best practise in financial management looks like
• understanding the role in financial compliance
• understanding the impact of good financial compliance
• understanding the importance of monthly management accounts and medium term planning
• to understand the resources available
• to be equipped to put in place the best processes and procedures in the setting
• to be able to start preparing for the annual budget
Thursday 6 February 2020
Monday 2 March 2020
Wednesday 5 February 2020
Maximum places per establishment