Becoming a highly effective primary science subject leader
Joanna Conn / Charlotte Jackson
Classroom Teachers / Middle Leaders / New/Aspiring Middle Leaders / New/Aspiring Subject Leaders / Subject Leaders
Academies and Schools (including EYFS)
This training is aimed at science subject leaders who are either new to the role or looking to enhance their contribution to improving science across the school.
Throughout this three-part course, delegates will gain an in depth understanding of the role of science leader and develop the skills and knowledge to lead with confidence.
Delegates will develop their capacity to evaluate teaching and learning across a range of evidence to drive improvement throughout the school. The science curriculum will be unpicked to explore sequencing and progression in both subject knowledge and working scientifically skills. This will enable subject leaders to deepen their subject-specific knowledge and understanding.
Delegates are expected to attend all three parts of the training. The cost of this course will be £180.
The aims of the course are to:
- examine the role of the subject leader to support delegates in proactively driving progress and improvements in science
- deepen understanding of the science curriculum and explore strategies to promote the aims of the science curriculum across the school
- review best practice in teaching and learning and assessment in science
- explore how to embed systems that allow subject leaders to manage the challenges and create opportunities to drive improvements
- develop understanding of how evidence from a variety of sources can be used to evaluate current practice in science teaching and learning
- help delegates to consolidate their learning through a variety of school-based gap tasks
Wednesday 25 November 2020
Tuesday 16 March 2021
Tuesday 24 November 2020
Maximum places per establishment