Introducing and making the most of ESSENTIALmaths planning – Key Stage 1
Classroom Teachers / Subject Leaders
Academies and Schools (including EYFS)
This course will comprise pre-recorded modules that will be available from Tuesday 29th September until Monday 30th November. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions to the presenter in a live, 45-minute webinar (4pm, 12th October) following time to apply learning in the classroom.
Teachers will be guided to understand how the HfL ESSENTIALmaths suite of resources provide a structured approach that maps effective teaching through sequences of key learning in each year group. This training will identify how they:
• are adaptable to meet the needs of individual classes
• enhance teacher subject knowledge
• unpick and illustrate the concepts that need to be understood
The course has been designed specifically for Year 1, Year 2 and Year 1/2 mixed age class teachers to be able to make the most effective use of the ESSENTIALmaths planning resources developed by the HfL Primary Maths team.
Delegates will walk through the learning sequences and key mathematical concepts in their year group. They will explore how to adapt a range of resources to the needs of their class.
By attending the course, participants will:
• be introduced to the suite of maths planning and resources
• understand how the resources are structured and how to make effective use of each essential element
• be supported in adapting the resources to the needs of their class
• develop effective learning sequences that provide the right structure and time to secure the key learning
• clarify what really secure learning looks like and strategies to deepen learning
Monday 12 October 2020
Monday 23 November 2020
Sunday 11 October 2020
Maximum places per establishment