Leading in the Foundation Stage
Lucky Khera / Caroline Luck
Deputy Headteachers / Early Years Leaders / Middle Leaders / New Headteachers / New/Aspiring Middle Leaders / Senior Leaders
Academies and Schools (including EYFS)
Early Years Foundation Stage / Leadership and Management
The first step to becoming a highly effective leader is firstly to understand what the role entails and how this then translates in practice to achieve the very best outcomes for all children.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive free toolkit with essential proformas to effectively support their role as an EYFS leader.
This two-day course will build delegates' skills and confidence to be an effective leader in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Delivery of this course is through 4 online webinars that will build delegates' skills and confidence to be an effective leader in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- to develop your role as an EYFS leader
- to gain confidence in evaluating, monitoring, challenging and improving practice in their Early Years Foundation Stage so that the aims of the curriculum are met
- to understand the welfare and safeguarding requirements for Early Years and what this looks like in practice
- to review systems to effectively and succinctly use assessment information to inform curriculum implementation and impact on children’s progress and attainment
- to develop skills in contributing to school self-evaluation in line with the new Ofsted inspection framework
By attending this course, participants will:
- feel confident to lead their EYFS by supporting their team and developing EYFS provision to impact on the outcomes for the Early Years children within their school
Each training day will consist of a morning session (9:30-11:00am) and afternoon session (1:00-3:00pm), both delivered as webinars
Tuesday 29 September 2020
Thursday 15 October 2020
Monday 28 September 2020
Maximum places per establishment