Mixed-age classes: accommodating EYFS principles
Jennie Ferguson / Caroline Luck
Academies and Schools (including EYFS)
Early Years Foundation Stage
Being in a small school and teaching across key stages can mean there are certain challenges with expectations and provision. This course will explore successful strategies for meeting the needs of children within a mixed cohort of Nursery/Reception or Foundation Stage/Key Stage 1.
This course will consist of three webinar sessions with the opportunity to reflect on practice and share ideas.
- to identify the challenges of working with children in a mixed age cohort and develop strategies to address them
- to understand how implementing EYFS principles into Key Stage 1 is most beneficial and exploring ways to accomplish this
- to share best practice digitally with colleagues across Hertfordshire who work in similar environments
- better understand how planned and enhanced provision can be adapted to meet the learning needs of a mixed age class
- explore ideas on how to effectively adapt the learning environment to meet the developmental needs of a mixed cohort
- be able to apply the principles of EYFS practice across a mixed age class to provide high quality education for all
Thursday 1 October 2020
Thursday 12 November 2020
Wednesday 30 September 2020
Maximum places per establishment