Hertfordshire Development Centre, Stevenage, Robertson House, Six Hills Way
Early Years Leaders / Early Years Practitioners
Academies and Schools (including EYFS) / Early Years PVI Settings
Early Years Foundation Stage / Early Years PVI Settings - Core Care Courses
12 hour blended learning made up of 1 classroom day combined with an eLearning module.
The paediatric first aid course meets the needs of Ofsted and the EYFS. Delegates are each given their own unique login code to access 6 hours interactive paediatric first aid training. Log in is available 24/7 when it is most convenient for delegates to do the course which minimises disruption if they are working during the day. The eLearning segment can be easily accessed from computers, laptops and tablets. Delegates can choose to complete this module in one go or by logging in and out as they complete each segment.
When delegates have completed this online 6 hour module, they will attend a one day practical and theoretical session. Classroom day sessions run from 9:30am-4:00pm.
Delegates must complete their eLearning prior to their classroom day - please do allow 6 hours.
- 1 day training face-to-face (6 hours preceded by completing a self-guided eLearning module accessible via the internet with special log-in and full support supplied by our training provider – Principal Training
- this course complies with both the Ofsted voluntary and compulsory registration requirements
- fully certificated for 3 years
- suitable for early years settings, childminders, creches, schools and anyone who wishes to equip themselves with this vital knowledge
- ideal course for staff undertaking the responsibilities associated with being a first aider in an early years setting
Delegates will be required to demonstrate first aid procedures as they would in a real work environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore be physically capable of doing so.
Early years settings are legally required to have on-site at all times at least one person with a valid full 12 hour paediatric first aid certificate. The person needs to be available on-site and when the setting accompanies children on trips.
Delegates will be required to demonstrate first aid procedures as they would in a real work environment, for example providing CPR to a casualty on the floor.
Please note that, for the classroom day, delegates should wear comfortable clothes and shoes as there will be some floor work. Please also note that lunch will NOT be provided.
Thursday 26 November 2020
Thursday 26 November 2020
Sunday 22 November 2020
Maximum places per establishment