Introducing and making the most of Reception ESSENTIALmaths
Deborah Mulroney / Gill Shearsby-Fox
Early Career Teachers / Early Years Leaders / Early Years Practitioners / Middle Leaders / New/Aspiring Middle Leaders / New/Aspiring Subject Leaders / Newly Qualified Teachers / NQT +1 / Subject Leaders
Academies and Schools (including EYFS)
Teachers will be guided to understand how the new HfL Reception ESSENTIALmaths suite of resources provide a structured approach that maps effective teaching through sequences of key learning across the year. Delegates will walk through the learning sequences and key mathematical concepts with opportunities to explore how to adapt a range of resources to the needs of their class and have the ear of the experts to help them.
This training will identify how they:
• are adaptable to meet the needs of individual classes
• enhance teacher subject knowledge
• unpick and illustrate the concepts that need to be understood
• celebrate high quality and rich provision in the Early Years
This course includes the suite of digital resources and will comprise a number of sessions that are delivered over January to March. The elearning package blends live and pre-recorded sessions, set tasks (assignments) and readings. A link to the materials will be sent via email. Delegates will also have opportunities to ask their questions to the presenters in the live provision, when they have had time to apply what they have learned.
The course has been designed to guide and develop teachers’ provision and represents the collaboration between the HFL Early Years Advisers and the Primary Maths Team to ensure success.
Delegates will be required to attend all training dates.
By attending the course, participants will:
- be introduced to the suite of maths planning and resources
- understand how the resources are structured and how to make effective use of each essential element
- be supported in adapting the resources to the needs of their class taking into account those that may be early adopters of the EYFS reforms; implementing revised early learning goals
- develop effective learning sequences that provide the right structure and time to secure the key learning
- clarify what really secure learning looks like and strategies to deepen learning
The dates and times for the live webinars are:
• Wednesday 13th January 2021 at 1.30pm
• Wednesday 27th January 2021 at 4.00pm
• Wednesday 10th February 2021 at 1.30pm
• Wednesday 3rd March 2021 at 4.00pm
• Wednesday 17th March at 1.30pm
Resources to be sent following booking. The learning platform will open on Monday 11th January 2021.
Delegates will be required to attend all dates.
Wednesday 13 January 2021
Wednesday 17 March 2021
Tuesday 12 January 2021
Maximum places per establishment