Leading primary mathematics in current times
Rachael Brown / David Cook / Kate Kellner-Dilks
All Leaders / Assistant Headteachers / Deputy Headteachers / Heads of Department/Faculty / Middle Leaders / New/Aspiring Middle Leaders / New/Aspiring Subject Leaders / Subject Leaders
Academies and Schools (including EYFS)
Leadership and Management / Mathematics
Leading primary mathematics in current times: being strategic about the operational.
The phrase ‘unprecedented times’ is overused, but these may well be busy, challenging and uncertain times. With the role of primary mathematics subject leader in mind; What should the mathematics subject leader do (first) when leading the subject? How can colleagues be supported? How can the provision be tweaked to maximise learning? How is this academic year different and what might that mean for the role?
This series of six 1 hour live webinars (with additional resources), across the spring and summer term 2021 is aimed at helping mathematics subject leaders to prioritise key actions, support colleagues and lead their subject with confidence. Content will be reviewed and adjusted to ensure it takes account of the local and national context.
- support mathematics subject leaders in their role, including prioritising key actions in the current context
- share ideas and strategies to enhance classroom provision, whilst working within current guidelines
- discuss how to manage supporting colleagues, monitoring and feedback
- consider how to maximise home / remote learning opportunities, where these are necessary
- be a forum for discussion with other mathematics subject leaders and HfL primary maths advisers
Delegates will be supported to feel confident in leading mathematics, including prioritising actions and responding to ongoing challenges across the academic year.
Dates for training will be:
All webinars will be from 1:30pm – 2:30pm
Delegates will be required to attend all 6 sessions.
Wednesday 6 January 2021
Wednesday 30 June 2021
Tuesday 5 January 2021
Maximum places per establishment