Introducing and making the most of ESSENTIALmaths planning – Upper Key Stage 2
Classroom Teachers / Subject Leaders
Academies and Schools (including EYFS)
This resource suite aims to support teachers who are new, or less familiar with the Herts for Learning ESSENTIALmaths planning for Upper Key Stage 2.
Through the five pre-recorded sessions, delegates will be introduced to the suite of planning and resources, explore how the resources are structured and how to make effective use of each element and be supported in considering how to adapt the resources to the needs of their class. Through module 4, delegates have the opportunity to explore modelled autumn term planning for their own year group or mixed-age class.
A live launch webinar will take place on Thursday 23rd September at 3:45pm to introduce delegates to the materials, support with access to the CPD hub and to answer any questions. Pre-recorded materials will then be available following the session until the second live webinar which will take place on Thursday 14th October at 3:45pm to allow delegates to ask questions, discuss the training content and reflect on implementation in the classroom with UKS2 class teachers and a member of the Herts for Learning maths team.
- be introduced to the suite of maths planning and resources
- understand how the resources are structured and how to make effective use of each essential element
- be supported in adapting the resources to the needs of their class
- develop effective learning sequences that provide the right structure and time to secure the key learning
- clarify what really secure learning looks like and strategies to deepen learning
The cost of the course is £129 + VAT per person.
Delegates are expected to attend both live webinars and complete the pre-recorded materials within the time stated.
Thursday 23 September 2021
Thursday 14 October 2021
Wednesday 22 September 2021
Maximum places per establishment