Marvellous maths: mathematical pedagogy in the Early Years Foundation Stage
Nicki Waller, Rebecca Emery
Assistant Headteachers / Classroom Teachers / Deputy Headteachers / Early Years Leaders / Early Years Practitioners / ECT (Early Career Teacher) / Governors / Headteachers / Middle Leaders / New Headteachers / Overseas Trained / Returning Teachers / SENCOs / Senior Leaders / Teaching Assistants
Academies and Schools (including EYFS) / Early Years PVI Settings
Early Years Foundation Stage
High-quality early maths provision and strong teaching is fundamental in building firm foundations for future success in mathematics.
This training will explore the changes to the maths early learning goals and educational programme set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage statutory framework.
Delegates will receive practical suggestions to ensure maths is successfully embedded in the school's Early Years curriculum to be built upon as children progress into Key Stage 1.
- explore mathematical pedagogy and the role it plays in development of children’s early maths concepts
- share resources created by HfL to support with teaching maths in the Early Years
- provide practical strategies to ensure maths is embedded throughout the learning environment
- explore the changes to the ELGs and educational programmes for maths
- delegates will gain an understanding and awareness of pedagogical approaches to maths
- delegates will have a variety of approaches for the development of maths in their learning environment
- schools will have an awareness of various approaches and resources to support with the development of maths
This training course is aimed at those working with 3-5 year olds only.
The cost of attending this training is £69 (excluding VAT) per delegate.
Wednesday 12 January 2022
||13 January 2022
||13:00 - 16:00
Maximum places per establishment