Reading Fluency Expo 2022 – The power of reading fluency instruction
Reading fluency has taken centre stage in recent years. Now the voices advocating approaches to support the development of fluency are plentiful. It can be hard for teachers to know where to turn to in order to gain an overview of best practice and to find out about resources and approaches that could be of benefit to their pupils in their settings.
This online event is designed to help teachers by bringing together expert voices, world renowned in this field. Throughout the day, these informed speakers will share their insights, understanding and experience.
Following on from HfL’s highly successful Reading Fluency Expo 2021, comes this year’s exciting programme. Teachers joining Reading Fluency Expo 2022 will have the opportunity to hear from experts in the field of reading fluency, who are able to shed light on best practice in this fast-developing knowledge field. Guest speakers to include:
- Kathy Roe, HfL Reading Fluency Project Advisor
- Pie Corbett and Jamie Thomas, authors of Talk for Reading
- Sarah Green, Literacy Content Specialist, EEF
- Jane Andrews, HfL Reading Fluency Project Advisor and Rickella Griffiths, HfL Primary English Adviser
- Tony Taylor, Assistant Headteacher, Shenfield Highschool and part of the Essex Task Force and Rachel Pritchard, Deputy Headteacher, Lyons Hall Primary School
- Sonia Thompson, Headteacher/Director St. Matthew's C.E. Primary Research and Support School
- Michelle Nicholson, HfL Primary English Adviser
- Dr Tim Rasinski, professor of literacy education at Kent State University and director of its award winning reading clinic
- Alex Bedford, Primary Adviser, Unity SP’s and Lauren Meadows, Founder, Director & Lead for English, Greenfields Education
- Dr Sam Sims, Lecturer at UCL Institute of Education
The conference is open to all but would be especially suitable for KS1, KS2 and KS3 classroom teachers, including TAs and ECTs, English subject leaders, Heads of Department, and aspiring leaders / heads of department and headteachers.