Structuring and strengthening your English curriculum
Alison Dawkins, Martin Galway
Assessment Coordinators/Leaders / Assistant Headteachers / Classroom Teachers / Deputy Headteachers / ECT (Early Career Teacher) / Headteachers / Middle Leaders / New Headteachers / New/Aspiring / Subject Coordinators/Leaders
Academies and Schools (including EYFS)
Assessment / Early Career Teachers / English
Discover how to structure a robust English curriculum with appropriate coverage, structure and sequencing. Understand how to streamline your reading and writing assessment approaches with consistent expectations of standards from Year 1 to Year 6
During these two half-day training sessions, delegates will engage with activities illustrating how each year group can ensure that end of year standards are at least in line with those expected at the ends of the key stages.
Delegates will also have an opportunity to understand how to use this concise assessment information to plan for a ‘rich and deep’ (Ofsted School Inspection Update) curriculum that is responsive, focused and well-informed.
Session 1 will focus on writing and session 2 on reading.
- Examine the HfL reading and writing Teacher Assessment Frameworks (TAFs).
- Engage with an approach to reading assessment using age-related texts.
- Introduce planning resources for teaching reading and writing.
- Consider the ways in which key aspects of knowledge develop progressively across the primary age range.
- An understanding of end points and essential ongoing learning needs to develop across the school.
- Approaches to reducing the assessment burden.
- Explore how objectives derived from national curriculum expectations can be matched to gaps in learning to inform planning.
- Take away materials to provide focused planning and assessment guidance in line with national curriculum expectations.
Tuesday 14 June 2022
||15 June 2022
||13:00 - 16:00
||01 July 2022
||13:00 - 16:00
Maximum places per establishment