This course is strongly recommended for all governors and essential for the Designated Child Protection governor(s), the chair and the vice chair and it is highly recommended for all Govs as is refreshing every 4 yrs.
This cannot be arranged as an In House session due to the demand for this training.
This training looks at:
- safeguarding in the school context
- the role of Child Protection School Liaison Officers (CPSLO)
- the nature of child abuse
- safeguarding Responsibilities
- gole of the governing board, the headteacher, all staff/volunteers
- the role of the Designated Senior Person (DSP)
- child protection policy and procedures
- statutory child protection training timescales
- vulnerability of staff in schools
- management of allegations against staff
- monitoring and review of school practice, policies and procedures
- introduction to audit tools - Annual Schools' Safeguarding Practice Checklist and Annual Safeguarding Report
- an opportunity to ask questions or arrange follow-up contact with your CPSLO.