This course is relevant for all Chairs, Vice Chairs, Committee Chairs and governors who aspire to become Chair. This course has been updated to better reflect new DfE and Ofsted requirements.Outcomes
- An enhanced understanding of the role
- A wider repertoire of strategies for managing a governing body, leading to greater confidence in fulfilling the role
- Project work related to your own governing body
- Delegates will also be offered free mentoring
The course uses a variety of learning approaches and emphasises the practical application of knowledge and skills and will encompass:
- Leading and managing the work of "Team GB"
- Supporting strategic leadership
- Ensuring accountability, budget management and financial probity
Subscribers to Chairs' Service: no charge
Non-subscribing schools: £175.00 per delegate
PLEASE NOTE: Pre-course reading material is sent to all delegates in preparation for this session so please book early to ensure you have time to read the documents thoroughly.
Lunch is provided so please advise of any food allergies.
Cancellation of this training event requires 16 working days' notice before a 50% cancellation charge and if we are notified within 5 working days of the course there is a 100% cancellation charge. To cancel please email email@example.com (cancellations will not be received by phone) otherwise:
- non-subscribers to Chairs' Service are charged the full cost of the training (£175 per delegate)
- subscribers are charged £30 per delegate.
Prices are exclusive of VAT.