This all day course is for new governors of schools, academies and MAT's.
This course is very important for all new governors so that they can be as effective as possible in helping the governing board in its role to secure school improvement. Delegates benefit from the opportunity to network with new governors from other schools and academies.
We recommend that all new governors attend the Induction course within the first 3 months of being appointed.
In particular new governors derive maximum benefit if they book onto a course which takes place after they have attended at least one governing board meeting.Outcomes
Governors will gain:
- an understanding of the three roles of the governing board
- knowledge of how schools work including the curriculum
- an appreciation of an effective meeting and how to participate.
- The three key roles of the governing board will be covered during the course:
1. vision and strategic
2. holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school
3.Financial management and best value
to get to know your school and taking part in effective meetings
The course will use a variety of teaching strategies including group discussion, case studies and tutor input.Tutor:
Subscribers to Governor Training: No charge
Non-subscribing schools: £180.00 per delegate
Academies within a MAT training subscription package: £100 per delegate.
Lunch is provided so please advise of any food allergies.
Cancellation of this training event requires 16 working days' notice before a 50% cancellation charge and if we are notified within 5 working days of the course there is a 100% cancellation charge. To cancel please email email@example.com (cancellations will not be received by phone) otherwise:
- non-subscribers are charged the full cost of the training (£180 per delegate)
- subscribers are charged £30 per delegate
Prices are exclusive of VAT.