This course is strongly recommended for all governors and is essential for the Designated Child Protection governor(s), the chair/vice chair. It is also recommended to refresh this training every 4 years.
This training looks at:
- safeguarding in the school context
- the role of Child Protection School Liaison Officers (CPSLO)
- the nature of child abuse
- safeguarding Responsibilities
- gole of the governing board, the headteacher, all staff/volunteers
- the role of the Designated Senior Person (DSP)
- child protection policy and procedures
- statutory child protection training timescales
- vulnerability of staff in schools
- management of allegations against staff
- monitoring and review of school practice, policies and procedures
- introduction to audit tools - Annual Schools' Safeguarding Practice Checklist and Annual Safeguarding Report
- an opportunity to ask questions or arrange follow-up contact with your CPSLO.