Beyond Foundation: supporting KS4 learners towards Grades 6 and 7 in maths
William Thallon, Karen Gordon
Classroom Teachers / ECT (Early Career Teacher) / Heads of Department/Faculty / Middle Leaders
Academies and Schools (including EYFS)
One of the challenges of the current GCSE specification is making the Higher Tier accessible for students who should be gaining Grades 6 and 7. There are many students who are good enough to work beyond the Foundation Tier, but who find the Higher Tier papers daunting. This year, recovery from COVID makes it more challenging still.
Using the experience gained from using the current GCSE specification, this course will support teachers and schools in enabling such students to succeed.
If it is more convenient for schools, it will be possible for one person to attend in the morning and a different person to attend in the afternoon.
- to explore strategies to maximise achievement for the target group of students in the face of COVID learning loss
- investigate teaching strategies and activities through which students can deepen their understanding of Higher Tier content
- build on the work being done around the country on challenging topics such as proof
- explore ways to improve students’ abilities and confidence in problem-solving
- gain a thorough understanding of how the papers are assessed, and the good habits needed for students to approach them successfully
This training will take place online. Final details will be emailed to delegates nearer to the date of the training.
The cost of this training is £129 (excluding VAT) per person.
Sunday 16 January 2022
||17 January 2022
||09:30 - 16:00
Maximum places per establishment