Health and safety for site managers and caretakers (includes asbestos training)
Business/Office Managers / Headteachers / Premises Staff
Academies and Schools (including EYFS) / Hertfordshire County Council
Health and Safety
This course is considered mandatory for site management and caretaking staff. It provides an overview of health and safety requirements in relation to the premises and practical examples/tools for managing significant risks. The training aims to dispel some of the myths surrounding health and safety and promote a proportionate and sensible approach to safety in schools.
Please note the afternoon session of this course also incorporates the full content of the management of asbestos training course and thus attendees will be able to act as an asbestos authorising officer upon completion. There is no need to book on the separate asbestos training course in addition. Other subjects covered include: - working at height – (COSHH) hazardous substances - fire safety - manual handling - equipment use and servicing / inspection requirements.
Please note this training is run by Hertfordshire County Council and has differing booking conditions from the Herts for Learning terms and conditions: bookings cancelled within four weeks of the course date will be charged at full price (unless a replacement is found) - bookings will be charged at full rate for non-attendees.
By attending the course, participants will:
- understand their role and responsibilities in relation to managing premises related health and safety issues
- be aware of how to manage health and safety on a practical and day to day basis
- gain better awareness to sources of health and safety information and support
- be able to implement a simple approach to managing health and safety
- be able to act as an asbestos authorising officer for the school and complete the permission to work log
Thursday 9 June 2022
||10 June 2022
||09:30 - 16:30
Hertfordshire Development Centre
Maximum places per establishment