Page 1 of 1
The aim of this session is to support headteachers and Key Stage 1 leaders with the analysis of their summer 2019 Key Stage 1 data. An updated SIMS report will be produced prior to this session.
Delegates will be asked to bring an electronic copy of this report to the session, in which we will guide them through the different features of the report and support with analysing their pupils’ performance and identifying key areas for development.
This course is strongly recommended for all governors and is essential for the designated child protection governor(s), the chair and the vice chair. It is also highly recommended that all governors refresh this training every 4 years. This course is not available as in-house training due to the demand for this training, please do encourage governors to attend these course by booking online.
This training looks at:
• safeguarding in the school context
• the role of child protection school liaison officers (CPSLO)
• the nature of child abuse • safeguarding responsibilities
• role of the governing board, the headteacher, all staff/volunteers
• role of the Designated Senior Person (DSP)
• child protection policy and procedures statutory child protection training timescales
• vulnerability of staff in schools • management of allegations against staff
• monitoring and review of school practice, policies and procedures
• introduction to audit tools - Annual Schools' Safeguarding Practice Checklist and Annual Safeguarding Report
• an opportunity to ask questions or arrange follow-up contact with your CPSLO.